Wednesday, May 18, 2005

M x O + Bh (H+R) x S = 18 May

Today's the Day:
M is for motivation, O for opportunity, Bh for proximity to a Bank Holiday, H for the increasing hours of daylight, R for reflection time and S, naturally, for success. It all adds up to May 18, according to psychologist Cliff Arnall.
Riiiight.

Update. Also in The Guardian, this:
"The simple fact of existence, of being aware that you are aware; this to me is the most astounding fact," he says. "And I think that it has something to do with dying. When you are a kid you are beset by fears and you think, 'I'll solve the fear by living for ever and becoming a movie star.' But I am not going to live for ever. And the more I know it, the more amazed I am by being here at all. I am so thrilled by the privilege of life, and yet at the same time I know that I have to let it go."
Spot on. It's from an interview with William Hurt (55).

No comments: