Saturday, May 28, 2005

Ian Rankin + Van Morrison + Dylan

Profile of Ian Rankin.
Van Morrison biography.
Mike Marqusee reviews the Greil Marcus book about Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone. Read the review and thereby save your pennies! Note: Marqusee's own most excellent Chimes of Freedom -- revised and expanded -- is due out in the autumn.
Update. I've read several of Rankin's Inspector Rebus books. Enjoyed them all. But for the life of me, I can't remember which ones. On my travels late this afternoon, I stopped off at Ally's shop. To buy and drink a bottle of water and have a chat with those who were there. Ally sells, among other things, second-hand books. Serendipity? Just as I was leaving, a library angel whispered in my ear: Rankin, Rankin. There were two: Resurrection Men, A Question of Blood. At eight (Hong Kong) dollars a pop. So that's me sorted.

No comments: