Friday, May 20, 2005

Love Will Tear Us Apart

Occassionally, I like to hear music that has menace running through it. Not as often as it used to be, but the urge arises. For Howlin' Wolf. The Stones' Gimme Shelter. Velvet Underground & Nico. The first time I heard Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart I stopped doing whatever it was I was doing. I don't have a copy to hand, but listening to the radio last night, there was a segment about Ian Curtis, Joy Division's lead singer and songwriter. Curtis committed suicide 17 May 1980. The BBC played the song, and I stopped doing whatever it was I was doing.
When routine bites hard
And ambitions are low
And resentment rides high
But emotions won't grow
And we're changing our ways
Taking different roads
Then love will tear us apart again.
No mp3 link, but complete lyrics are here.

No comments: