Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hong Kong Observatory

The people at HKO do a great job forecasting weather for what is a small, but topographically complex area. And their website is awesome -- with all kinds of interesting things to look at and learn from. Except, that is, for their rainfall isohyet chart. Take a look. At the green. Instead of going light/less --> dark/more, the Observatory's online people have done it bass akwards. Which is confusing, misleading and irritating. OK, I am irritated. And I think other people are being misled. I know, I know, there is other stuff going on in the world that is much more important. But if little things like this can be improved, what's the harm? I have written and posted a polite email. When you have a moment, why not drop the weather people a polite line too?
Here: mailbox [at] hko.gov.hk

No comments: