Tuesday, May 03, 2005

In praise of Firefox

A couple of years ago, I started using a web browser called Firebird. Now known as Firefox. Still, I have to switch occasionally to the Microsoft browser. Usually, on other people's machines. On a bad day, I am driven half nuts by Microsoft's; it's so clunky and doesn't have half of Firefox's flexibility. Nor Firefox's wonderful tab option. I turned my 15 year-old nephew -- who is usually no slouch in such matters -- onto Firefox. And got major thumbs up from him. I rest my case. Almost.
Casual users, who can't be minded about refinements, will appreciate Firefox, knowing they have much better security for what are increasingly unsecure and insecure times.
Why not give it a spin? To find out more, here.
For Firefox tweakers and tweaking, here. That latter link thanks to Jorn Barger's robotwisdom.
Mac users, according to the World to Wiki, you'd best hold off till 1 June 2005. When a new, improved version with a Mac-like option interface will be released.

No comments: