Friday, December 22, 2006

Phil Spector: White Christmas

From me to you, a track from A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector. Please, forget all those other Christmas albums, this one is it. Well, it is in the world according to Mister Bijou.

Phil Spector's 'wall of sound' supports the vocal chords of the sublime Darlene Love:



. . . who sings Irving Berlin's original 1940 lyrics:
The sun is shining
The grass is green
The orange and palm trees sway.
I've never seen such a day
In Beverly Hills LA.
But it's December the 24th
And I am longing to be up North.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know.
Where the treetops glisten,
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write.
May your days be merry and bright.
And may all your Christmases be white.
OK, they reversed the order . . . but Darlene sings it word for word, almost. Enjoy!

No comments: