Saturday, August 20, 2005

Purple Rain

It's been raining since I don't know when. The rain took a break Friday afternoon, then started again. And how! Heavy rain and strong winds. Non-stop. It is still raining. This too shall pass. That, I know. Anyway, the chart above is for the past 24 hours. As you can see: it really is Purple Rain. (Nick G, thanks for the chart!)
I went out in it this lunchtime to meet up with Mr N, have a snack, pick up a newpaper and buy some food and stuff. No queue in the supermarket, not many people about at all.
Came back, made lunch, put Max Richter's The Blue Notebooks on the cd player. Prince? I have. But only on cassette and nothing to play that on anymore. Still, I needed something to shake things up after Notebooks, so... Changing Faces: The Best of 10cc and Godley & Creme (scroll down for track listing).

Some rain songs:
Come Rain or Come Shine -- Ray Charles
Rain -- The Beatles
A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall -- Bob Dylan
Here Comes the Rain -- Eurythmics
Fire and Rain -- James Taylor
Purple Rain -- Prince
The Rain Song -- Led Zeppelin
I Can't Stand the Rain -- Ann Peebles
Who'll Stop the Rain? -- Creedence Clearwater Revival
I Wish It Would Rain -- The Temptations
Little Bit of Rain -- Karen Dalton
Listen to the Rhythm (Of the Falling Rain) –- The Cascades
Buckets of Rain -- Bob Dylan
Singin’ In the Rain -- Gene Kelly

No comments: