Sunday, April 16, 2006

Saturday night with Sam, and friends

Mister B doesn't get out much at all these days, but last night was the moment to jump on the ferry and go to town. Why? To see Mike Harley, Jonathan Douglas, Jacky Andrews and David Booth in their Fringe Club performance of Samuel Beckett's play Endgame. Theatre review? Loved it.

You want more? The cast were first rate. OK, I know three quarters of the cast, but they were all very good and as an ensemble the casting was inspired. The play? Never seen it before, but it turned out to have pace, great lines, and lots of very funny moments. Most enjoyable. One of the best shows I have seen in a long time. I am so glad I went.

Plus, there was the unexpected bonus of a bunch of people in the audience I know but don't see often enough; people who were pleased to see me and I pleased to see them. Thus, having enjoyed the show so much, it was only natural for us all (plus two of the cast) to continue with a few drinks afterwards upstairs at the Fringe Club's astro-turfed, open-air, roof-top bar. It was, as Wallace (and Gromit) would say, "a grand night out".

Please excuse the rash of postings about Samuel Beckett. This is the last one for the foreseeable future. Promise.

No comments: