Thursday, June 16, 2005

Bloomsday

Ooops! 16 June. Nearly missed this one: Bloomsday.
I have read Ulysses three times. Not bragging or anything, it's just that I enjoy it. First time started badly, but then I experimented... and hit on the ruse of reading it silently in an Irish accent. Worked a treat!
when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

Trieste-Zurich-Paris
1914-1921

No comments: