Monday, April 16, 2012

Eye | Land | View


Monday, thunderstorm

Around 4:20pm this afternoon it got real dark. Dark enough the street lamps turned themselves on. Then the rain arrived, seriously torrential rain. Oh, and the wind picked up. So much so that soon enough it was bordering on typhoon-type wind.

Not the sort of wind nor rain you want to be out and about in.

Twenty minutes later is was back to "normal": the wind dropped and the rain became once more the kind that pitter-patters. It's still raining as I write.

The above photo was taken at the height of the storm (5:00pm) and from the comfort and safety of the flat. For me, it was too hazardous to venture out.

That said, I am still trying to work out how to capture such rainstorms in a way that "works", because I'm not there yet.

1 comment:

YTSL said...

Noticed the dark skies too. I like to leave the office when it's still bright... but even though I left at the usual time today, there wasn't much light out there! ;(