Monday, February 06, 2006

Mister B, phone home. . .

Looks like the life of my mobile phone's rechargeable battery is just about spent. No surprise really, I have had the phone (and battery) for at least four years. A standard Nokia, it has provided good service.
So, replace the spent rechargeable battery or buy a new phone?
Buy a new phone. During the lifetime of my mob, battery power has got better, newer phones have increased memory and can hold more phone numbers -- I have nearly a 100 in mine, and could easily input more -- and text messages.
But which mob? Much as I covet my neighbour's phone, a mob with a camera and video, I am reluctant to lay out the humongous amount of cash required.
Time for a little online research.
First, with my network service provider.
Then cast a wider net.
Bingo!
A barebones, no-nonsense Nokia 1110
Even better, I can order by telephone, locally: eXpansys
And they'll courier it to a little island in the South China Sea, even better and better.
It'll take nine days to arrive, but I can make-do with what I have till then.
Cool, eh?

No comments: